Welcome to MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Volunteer Services!
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Volunteers are caring individuals who want to help others, are responsible and mature, and comply with hospital guidelines. By dedicating time to our hospital, you will become part of a unique group which is committed to our "patient first" philosophy by offering a personal and compassionate approach to the delivery of healthcare. Through your dedication as a MedStar Georgetown Volunteer, you will help provide the personal touch appreciated by patients, visitors, guests and staff.
Last year, over 600 volunteers dedicated more than 29,500 Service Hours to MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. Our volunteers make us proud and we value their contribution to the hospital and the community.
- Assist employees, patients and visitors in inpatient and outpatient areas
- Provide clerical assistance in hospital administration offices
- Guide individuals through out the facility with our Wayfinding Program
- Use your creative and musical skills with in our Arts Humanities program
- Provide Pet Therapy through National Capital Therapy Dogs
- Participate in the Reach Out and Read Program
- Join Project Knitwell to teach patients, family members and staff to knit
- Educational programs on health and hospital related topics
- Free parking
- Uniform jacket provided
- Events honoring our volunteers