Chaitra Ujjani, MD
Instructor of Medicine, Hematology and Oncology
- Primary Specialty:
- Secondary Specialty:
- Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Hematologic Malignancies
- Clinical research in Lymphoma and Leukemia
- Development of new cancer drugs
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, 2001
- Medical School:
- University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL, 2005
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2006
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2008
- Hematology/Oncology, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC, 2011
- Hematology and Medical Oncology, 2011
Internal Medicine, 2008
Profile InformationLanguages: English
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
3800 Reservoir Rd., NW
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
Podium B, Second Floor, Room 413
Washington, DC 20008
Department Web Pages:
- Ujjani, C and Cheson, B. Efficacy of Bendamustine in Rituximab-Refractory Indolent B-cell non-Hodgkin Lymphoma: Review of a Pivotal Trial. Future Oncology. 7:1:9-14. 2011.
- Ujjani, C and Cheson, B. Bendamustine in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia and non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Expert Review of Anti-Cancer Therapy. 10:9:1353-65. 2010.
- Ujjani, C and Cheson, B. Monoclonal Antibodies in Advanced B-cell Lymphomas. Oncology. 24:2:156-166. 2010.
- Mato A, Luger S, Heitjan D, Mikkelson M, Olson E, Ujjani C, et al. Elevation in serum lactate at the time of Febrile Neutropenia (FN) in hemodynamically-stable patients with Hematologic Malignancies (HM) is associated with the development of septic shock within 48 hours. Cancer Biology and Therapy. 9:8. 2010.
- Mato A, Luger S, Heitjan D, Mick R, Halpern S, Shah P, Jacobs S, Olson E, Schuster S, Ujjani C, et al. Utility of the systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) criteria in predicting the onset of septic shock in hospitalized patients with hematologic malignancies. Cancer Biology and Therapy. 8:12: 1097-1102. 2009.