Alexandros Powers, MD
Professor, Department of Neurosurgery
- Primary Specialty:
- Medical School:
- Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1985
- Robert Packer Hospital/Guthrie Clinic, Sayre, PA, 1986
- George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC, 1992
- Research training in cerebral physiology and blood flow, Neurosurgical Clinic in Erlangen, Germany and University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Washingtonian Magazine – Top Neurosurgeons Award – 2012 Read More >
MedStar Montgomery Medical Center
18109 Prince Philip Dr.
Olney, MD 20832
Secondary Office Information
MedStar Physicians Practice
5454 Wisconsin Ave.
Chevy Chase, MD 20850
Department Web Pages:
Dr. Powers is licensed in the District of Columbia and Maryland and is a Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners. He holds a teaching position as an Assistant Clinical Professor in Neurological Surgery at the George Washington University School of Medicine. Dr. Powers has published articles and has lectured at national and international meetings on topics including the care of the neurosurgical patient and the use of neurological imaging. He also serves on multiple surgical and patient education committees. Dr. Powers has received numerous professional awards for his work including induction in the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society. In recognition of his academic excellence, Dr. Powers has been awarded the Harry H. Kerr Essay Award for Clinical Studies, the Hugo V. Rizzoli Award for Excellence in Neurosurgical Training, and the Central Neuropsychiatric Association William C. Menninger Award for Original Research in Neurological Surgery. Dr. Powers is a member of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons, American Association of Neurological Surgeons, the American Society of Neuroimaging and the American Medical Association.